The Spork: Joey Chops

By Abby Bagby, Co-Managing Editor

Joey Chops is a modern, trendy steakhouse located on Lancaster Avenue in Malvern. This high quality restaurant offers a modern twist on American favorites, with both indoor and outdoor seating in a cozy, comfy setting.

Appetizers of lobster dumplings and lollipop lamb chops started off this delicious meal. The dumplings were stuffed with fresh lobster, then boiled and pan fried to create a crunchy bottom. Served with a mild, butter-based dipping sauce, the dumplings were tasty, although light on the lobster.

Cooked to perfection, the lamb chops did not disappoint. With a lovely presentation, they were served with a soy glaze, which complimented the meat nicely. The lamb was tender with a crisp sear, making this dish one of the resturant’s star appetizers.

For the main course, I sampled burrata stuffed ravioli. This dish was served with a San Marzano tomato sauce, fresh basil and parmesan. The pasta, made in-house, had a lovely flavor. The soft burrata made for a unique, mild filling, which did not overwhelm other elements of the dish. With pastas and an array of salads, this steakhouse will more than satisfy the appetite of a vegetarian.

Typical pricing for a meal at Joey Chops can be quite high. The lamb chops and dumplings ring in at $25 and $21, respectively. The burrata ravioli is offered at $24 — quite high for a pasta dish. However, each dish was tasty and the service was excellent, with attentive waiters bringing dishes in a timely manner. If you are looking for flavorful, comforting dishes to enjoy on your next night out, I would highly recommend adding Joey Chops to your list.

Abby Bagby can be reached at [email protected].