The Spork: Oasis Juice Bar

By Abby Carella, Social Media Editor

Sunlight shines through the glass front of Wayne’s Oasis Juice Bar, illuminating a lush floral display from Main Line Orchids and walls filled with handmade treats and from other small businesses. Oasis owner, Tiffany, stirs a giant pot of chocolate while customers read through the menu to choose a smoothie or granola bowl of their liking from the menu. She pops a hole in their discount card (buy 10 smoothies get the 11th free) and gets to work creating the drink. 

Oasis’s expansive drink menu centers around gluten-free, dairy free, soy free and vegan items. While this may sound off-putting to some, their menu items are to die for. 

The smoothies are blended right in front of you, without artificial flavors, colors or syrups. If the customer desires milk in their drink, options include oat, cashew, coconut and almond milk varieties. Both the peanut butter (a popular choice) and cashew milk are made in the store. Beyond the smoothies listed on the menu, customers can add more than 10 mix-ins, including bee pollen, chia seeds and coconut whipped cream. While on the expensive side with prices ringing in at $6.75 for a regular smoothie and $7.95 for a large (plus an added credit card fee), the fresh and healthy products are worth it. 

The Strawberry Banana smoothie, a classic, is a delicious choice. It’s sweet and free of added chemical flavor featured in drinks from other establishments. A regular 20-ounces drink is a nice option, but the large 24-ounces size is completely manageable as you take one sip and can’t seem to stop. This smoothie is a great choice, especially for those new to Oasis. 

The Mocha Chip plant-milk shake is another great pick off the menu. A blend of oatmilk, banana, coffee and chocolate chips make up this energizing drink. While it has a completely different flavor combination than a classic fruit smoothie, the Mocha Chip shake still hits the spot. Similar to a regular iced mocha, this drink is sweet but still packs a strong coffee-flavored punch. The banana enhances the flavor of the shake rather than overtaking it, allowing the coffee and chocolate to shine. It is a nice choice if the classic fruit-based smoothie is too sweet and light for your palette; plus, it comes with an energy boost from the caffeine. 

The gluten-free, chocolate-dipped cookies are very similar to Oreos, and hand-dipped in-store. Covered in sprinkles, the cookies are a perfect crunchy treat, especially for the chocolate-obsessed of the world. The personal-sized banana bread, filled with chocolate chips, is yet another delicious homemade treat; it never fails to be moist, cinnamon-y and filling. 

One downfall of Oasis Juice Bar is its hours. It closes by 3:30 p.m. during the week, making it hard for students to stop by after school. On the weekend, it’s only open until 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays and closed on Sundays. While these hours can be a barrier, it is worth it to try and squeeze in a visit for a tasty treat. 

[su_box title=”Oasis Juice”]224 Sugartown Rd, Wayne, PA 19087

Price: $$

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Phone: 610-254-9797

Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday -Friday,

8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturdays[/su_box]

Abby Carella can be reached at [email protected].