Boys basketball defeats Harriton 47-37, advances to second round of playoff

By Lily Chen and Emily Scheer, Design Editor and Staff Reporter

The boys’ varsity basketball team beat Harriton 47-37 in the first round of the Central League playoffs on Thursday. 

Harriton scored first, taking an 11-7 lead by the end of the first quarter. Seniors Brendan Styer and Westin Fryberger, alongside junior Ben Robinson, scored in the second quarter and secured a 23-19 lead for ’Stoga as the game entered halftime. 

Harriton attempted a comeback in the third quarter, maintaining a 26-25 score until the last minute. Sophomore Shane O’Brien and junior Sam Gibbs helped ’Stoga take back the lead 30-26 by the end of the third quarter. 

A minute into the final quarter, Fryberger scored another three points with an assist from sophomore Rowan Miller. Between a series of free throws by both teams, Robinson, Miller and Fryberger led the team in scoring, and the Pioneers won 47-37.

The team will play Radnor in the second round of playoffs on Saturday, Feb. 10.

Check out some photos from the game below!

Boys Basketball vs Harriton 2/8/24

Lily Chen can be reached at [email protected].

Emily Scheer can be reached at [email protected].