Saying goodbye: Seniors celebrate annual Snow Day in May

By Aren Framil, Co-Editor-in-Chief

On Friday, hundreds of seniors flooded the track outside of Conestoga High School for the Class of 2024’s Snow Day in May, an annual ’Stoga tradition to commemorate their last day of school. Seniors gathered in the bleachers at Teamer Field for their class photo and Lip Dub filming around 11 a.m. Afterwards they made their way to the track for food, games and photos.

Decked out in flowery leis, seniors played games such as frisbee, cornhole, roundnet and Jenga on the track. Parent volunteers handed out sandwiches and snacks, and a Handel’s truck served ice cream. Students took photos with signs against a Conestoga backdrop while a DJ blasted hits like “All Star” by Smash Mouth. Accompanied by Conestoga teachers and staff, students took photos, hugged and danced together on their last official day of school.

At around 1 p.m., students headed inside to the auditorium for a viewing of the Class of 2024 Lip Dub, set to the tune of “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars and directed by seniors Lauren Burnfield and Megan Williams. After 12th grade assistant principal Dr. Patrick Boyle gave a speech, the Class of 2024 seniors exited the Conestoga building, many of whom for the very last time.

Check out some photos from the event below!

Senior Snow Day in May 5/3/24

Aren Framil can be reached at [email protected].