The SPORK: Founding Farmers

___________________

By Abby Bagby, T/E Life Editor Nestled in the heart of King of Prussia’s Town Center, Founding Farmers is a favorite amongst Conesto- ga students and community members alike. Located in an upscale farmhouse inspired building, the North Dakota Farmers Union owns the restaurant, serving sustainable food in a hospitable atmosphere. With high quality ingredients...

By Abby Bagby, T/E Life Editor

Nestled in the heart of King of Prussia’s Town Center, Founding Farmers is a favorite amongst Conesto- ga students and community members alike.

Located in an upscale farmhouse inspired building, the North Dakota Farmers Union owns the restaurant, serving sustainable food in a hospitable atmosphere. With high quality ingredients and homemade food, Founding Farmers puts a modern twist on the fresh, farm to table experience.

Making many of their meals from scratch, Founding Farmers provides an authentic dining experience. With almost every table filled, the restaurant’s lively ambiance makes for a fun meal.

Starting with an appetizer of garlic black pepper wings, the chicken was cooked to perfection and tossed in a savory glaze. Served with a slice of lime, the sweet and tangy spice provides for a satisfying start to any meal. The Seven Cheese Macaroni and the Cacio e Pepe did not disappoint. Both hand-made pasta dishes were cooked and seasoned well.

The cheddar cheeseburger, served on a toasted brioche bun, was topped with the restaurant’s zesty “Lou- ie sauce” (a combo of mayo, ketchup, relish, lemon, and secret spices). The dish was a standout classic served with a side of fries.

Capping off the meal, the Founding Farmers desserts were one of the restaurant’s strong- points. The vanilla bean cheesecake layered with a seasonal fruit compote had a multitude of satisfying flavors, and the slice of Chocolate Sinful Devil’s Food Cake was moist and bold in flavor. Generous portion sizes were more than ample to share with another.

Although Founding Farmers’ price point is higher than some other local eateries, adding this spot to your local dining adventures is a must.

Abby Bagby can be reached at [email protected].