First Win for ‘Stoga Football

Photos by Elizabeth Billman, Co-Sports Editor.

Homecoming weekend is full of fun and exciting festivities and to make it even more enjoyable this year, the football team has won their first game. The Pit arrived decked out in sports jerseys of all sorts for the game’s spirit theme to support their pioneers against Harrington High School. After a slow start to the game with little action in the first quarter with a score of 0-0 sophomore number 26, Milton Robinson, scored ’Stoga’s first home touchdown of the season. He had a run from the 30 yard line down the side of the field to score the six points and then junior number 30 Sam Williams successfully kicked the extra point with 11:38 left in the second quarter. Additionally in the second quarter senior number three Peyton Jones scored ’Stoga’s second touchdown of the night with 3:08 left in the quarter. Williams also kicked the extra point successfully for the touchdown. At halftime before the ’Stoga band came out to play their James Bond show, the Homecoming court was announced over the loudspeaker and the pairs from each grade walked across the field through a flurry of pictures. Each couple received an enthusiastic applause as they strolled across the turf. The third quarter ended with a score of 14- 0 ’Stoga as no additional points were scored in the quarter. Towards the end of the fourth quarter with with 3:11 left sophomore Amani Christopher scored ’Stoga’s final touchdown of the night and Williams kicking ’Stogas final extra point of the night. To celebrate their first victory a few team members dumped one of the water coolers on Coach Weeks’ head. The final score of the game was 21-0 Conestoga against their opponents from Harrington.

[unitegallery footballharrington]

Elizabeth Billman can be reached at [email protected].