Peaceful rally organized by The Main-Line for Black Lives

By Ananya Kulkarni and Hyunjin Lee, Co-Editors-in-Chief

Photos by Ananya Kulkarni, Hyunjin Lee and Staff Reporters Valerio Pucci and Elena Schmidt

Say his name! George Floyd! 

Ananya Kulkarni/The Spoke

This chant was just one among many that were shouted out by protesters at the peaceful march on the Mainline.

A newly-formed group known as “The Mainline for Black Lives’, led by Conestoga alumnus Tajsha Gray-Vause as well as members of the ‘Stoga AASU club organized a peaceful protest which occurred on June 4. Hundreds of community members participated in the five-mile march starting at the Wayne Train Station and ending at the Paoli Train Station in a display of solidarity for the black community amidst national unrest due to the death of George Floyd. 

Police forces from the Radnor Police Department and the Tredyffrin Police Department accompanied protestors during the march in order to help maintain the safety of all the participants present. Community members showed their support throughout the march by honking their cars, shouting words of encouragement, or providing refreshments.

Valerio Pucci/The Spoke

The protest remained entirely peaceful and was concluded by speeches from the organizers, a rap performance by Roy Lush, a ‘Stoga alumnus and substitute teacher and finally, with the entire group kneeling out of respect for the Black Lives Matter Movement. 

Ananya Kulkarni/The Spoke

Check out some more photos that our staff took below!

Black Lives Matter - peaceful protest organized by Main-Line for Black Lives

Valerio Pucci/The Spoke

Ananya Kulkarni can be reached at [email protected]

Hyunjin Lee can be reached at [email protected]

Valerio Pucci can be reached at [email protected]

Elena Schmidt can be reached at [email protected]