Course Selection Tips for the Class of 2020

By Ashley Greenberg and Paula Miller, Staff Reporter and Managing Web Editor

Selecting courses for the first time can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. If you’re still trying to decide what courses to take, check out these tips and see what current freshmen have to say.

There are a lot of really great classes and electives at ‘Stoga. Here are a few students’ favorites, but be sure to look through the course selection book to explore all of your options.

[unitegallery courses1]

Choosing what level to take can be an important and difficult decision. The general consensus here: listen to your teachers’ recommendations, but also consider your interests and overall workload.

[unitegallery courses2]

You’ve probably heard a lot about AP classes and again, your teachers will have a good idea of what level is right for you. AP classes can be a really great way to challenge yourself and explore an area of interest, but good time management and study skills are essential to manage the workload. Know that it’s also perfectly OK not to take an AP class or to decide in the fall to drop to a lower level. Talk to your teachers if you are unsure.

[unitegallery courses3]

Course selection may seem like a huge deal, but don’t stress about it too much. Here are some lessons and tips from current freshmen to help you while you make your final selections. The bottom line: do what’s right for you and follow your interests.

[unitegallery courses4]

[unitegallery courses5]

Have any other tips? Leave a comment and let us know.