Mini-THON planning committee holds second annual Pi Day event

Mareska Chettiar

By Mareska Chettiar, Photography Editor

On Wednesday, students and faculty gathered in the cafeteria for a Pi Day celebration. The Mini-THON planning committee hosted the annual event to raise funds for Mini-THON, a fundraiser dedicated to supporting pediatric cancer patients. 

Students had the opportunity to buy raffle tickets for a chance to “pie“ a teacher with shaving cream.19 teachers volunteered to participate, and multiple students threw pies at Wendy DiRico and Paul Poiesz, the two teachers with the most raffle tickets. 

“What definitely helped the most was teachers themselves promoting it to their class,” said junior Sarah He, a KEY Club board member who helped plan the event. “I know some teachers brought their class to buy tickets during class.”

Participating teachers included Sabrina Bates, Wendy DiRico, Travis Hartley, Paul Poiesz, Alexander Rives and others. Students that won a chance to “pie” them included junior Patrick Barausky, senior Marisa Francione, senior Miles Kim, junior Katelyn Wang, junior Sarah Weng and others. The planning committee will host Mini-THON on March 15. 

Check out some pictures from the event below!

Pie Day 3/6/24

Mareska Chettiar can be reached at [email protected].