Peer Mediation hosts annual Cornucopia

Various club activities lined the halls and filled classrooms as Peer Mediation held its annual Cornucopia, a day full of events before in which students can participate before Thanksgiving Break.

“I think Cornucopia is great because you can go anywhere you want, and you can hang out with a bunch of different people and visit old teachers,” said peer mediator and junior Kathleen Manion. “I like to sign up for classes with my old teachers.” 

Cornucopia also provides clubs with opportunities to raise money and promote their goals to students. When switching between activities in different locations, students could buy baked goods from club bake sales. Junior Annie Carson sold desserts for the American Sign Language Club. 

“It (Cornucopia) is really fun, and it is for a good cause for a lot of clubs to get representation,” Carson said. “What else would you be doing today anyways, rather than coming here with your friends?”

Students and teachers gathered in the gyms to play basketball and badminton, as well as in the auditorium to watch teachers and guidance counselors compete in a game of Faculty Feud, a knock-off of the TV show “Family Feud.”

“Students can have fun and hang out with their friends all day and not be stressed about their classes,” freshman Landon Jones said. “It sets them up for a good break, not having to worry about going to class or stressing about tests.” 

Check out some photos below!

2023 Cornucopia 11/21/23

Bailey Kreszwick can be reached at [email protected].

Maddie Pulliam can be reached at [email protected].