Mini-THON planning committee hosts second annual Student vs. Faculty Volleyball Game

Brief and package by Ben Shapiro, Editor-in-Chief

Photos by Faith Zantua, Co-Copy Editor

On Wednesday, Nov. 15, the Mini-THON planning committee hosted Conestoga’s second annual Student vs. Faculty Volleyball Game. The game raised more than $200 toward the committee’s year-long goal of $25,000 to support children with pediatric cancer.

“Students should get involved with Mini-THON because people should realize that the more people we get in the Mini-THON planning committee and the more successful Mini-THON is, the more money we can raise and the more children we can make happy,” said senior and overall Mini-THON chair Ethan Marshall.

The event consisted of four games: teams of students broken up by grade competed against the faculty team. Freshman Abby Thomas played in the freshman volleyball game.

“Leading up to (the game) was super fun,” Thomas said. “We all met up in the locker room, got ready, and then we came here. Playing was really fun. As a team, it was great.”

The Mini-THON planning committee will continue to fundraise throughout the year and will host the annual Mini-THON on March 15. Math teacher Tracy Scully played on the teacher’s team this year for the second year in a row and is passionate about Mini-THON’s cause.

“I always think it’s extra when you can do something that’s fun, but also that supports a great cause,” Scully said. “Kids are part of the future, they’re innocent, and they have so many opportunities ahead of them. The more we can do to support them to grow up healthy, I’m all for.”

Student vs. Faculty Volleyball Game 11/15/23

Ben Shapiro can be reached at [email protected].

Faith Zantua can be reached at [email protected].