Democrats sweep T/E school board elections

Brief by Ben Shapiro, Editor-in-Chief

Web design by Rohan Anne, Webmaster

All five democratic Tredyffrin/Easttown School District school board candidates won their respective races on Tuesday. Voters in Tredyffrin and Easttown Townships cast more than 23,000 votes for school board members. 

Democratic incumbents Roberta Hotinski and Todd Kantorczyk beat Republicans Regina Mauro and Yan Lui in Region 1. In Region 2, Democrats Kenneth Hong and Rachel Weil beat Republicans Bogdan Rosca and Deana Wang. Democratic incumbent Sue Tiede beat Republican Christina Laczko in Region 3.

Democrats Yolanda Allen, Susan Audrain, Maryann Piccioni and Robert Singh remain on the board. Their terms will expire in 2025.

The TESD school board will remain a 9-0 democratic majority until the next elections in 2025.

Region 1:

Region 1 residents voted for up to two candidates and reelected two members to the school board. Hotinski and Kantorczyk garnered 32.02% and 30.97% of the votes in the region, respectively. Hotinski currently serves as the board president and Kantorczyk as the vice president.

Region 2: 

Region 2 residents voted for up to two candidates, as well. They elected Hong and Weil, who collected 31.40% and 31.36% of the votes, respectively. Region 2 board members and Democrats Michele Burger and Stacy Stone did not run for reelection.

Region 3:

Region 3 residents voted for one school board candidate. Tiede gathered 58.38% of the votes, winning her reelection bid.

Ben Shapiro can be reached at [email protected].

Rohan Anne can be reached at [email protected].