Day 2: Two Best Apps of 2015

Day 2: Two Best Apps of 2015

By Jordan Liu, Staff Reporter
This year has seen some of the greatest technological innovations, and along with them, some of the best apps ever made. For the second day of 12 Days of Spoke, staff reporter Jordan Liu offers two of the best apps of 2015. If you find yourself with nothing to do over winter break, be sure to check them out!
Keep up with 12 Days of Spoke for the chance to win a $50 gift card. To enter the giveaway today, like today’s 12 days tweet on Twitter. For more information on the giveaway, click here.
[media-credit id=1 align=”alignright” width=”300″]image2[/media-credit]
PAPER
By FiftyThree, Inc.
Platform: iOS
Price: Free
Listed by Apple as one of the Best Apps of 2015, this innovative writing app boasts a vast array of abilities, including beautifully formatted notes, photo annotations, and sketches. Paper was first launched in 2012 as a drawing app on the iPad, earning Apple’s Best App of the Year award. Since then, FiftyThree has adapted Paper to the iPhone, expanding its various functions to include professionally-formatted PDFs, Keynote and PowerPoint presentations. Unlike similar apps such as Evernote, Paper includes more aesthetic and artistic qualities, allowing for an unbelievably elegant experience. Although not yet available for Android, the developers at FiftyThree are currently working towards expanding Paper’s platform.
Ratings:
Apple App Store: 4/5
Google Play Store: N/A

[media-credit id=1 align=”alignright” width=”300″]12375767_544548875701231_737215294_o[/media-credit]
VAINGLORY
By Super Evil Megacorp
Platform: iOS, Android
Price: Free
Recognized by Apple’s Design Awards and Winner of the People’s Choice awards at the International Mobile Gaming Awards, Vainglory has shattered records for mobile multiplayer online battle arenas (MOBAs). This sci-fi/fantasy adventure delivers stunning graphics, a fast-paced multiplayer experience and a plethora of characters and game modes. Bridging the gap between PC and mobile games, Vainglory puts an incredibly immersive gaming experience in the palm of your hand.
[media-credit id=1 align=”alignleft” width=”300″]12369585_544548919034560_221801504_o[/media-credit]
Ratings:
Apple App Store: 4.5/5
Google Play Store: 4/5

Jordan Liu can be reached at [email protected].