‘Stoga super fans share the celebrities they love

By Abby Carella, Multimedia Editor

Everyone has a favorite musician or sports team, but for some students, it is so much more than that. From going to every Taylor Swift concert to growing up with season ticket game passes, some students are considered to be super fans: also known as slightly obsessive (in a good way) and extremely dedicated celebrity supporters.

1. Freshman Brendan Zelikoff LOVES The Eagles:

Who are they? The Eagles are the NFL team based in Philadelphia.

“I grew up in Philadelphia, and it’s the home team. My dad has had season tickets forever, so I’ve been always going to the games on Sundays. I really have just grown up with them. The parade (after they won the Superbowl in 2018) was very exciting and crowded. It was like being at a giant game but with a ton more people.”

2. Junior Bridget Griffith LOVES Kurtis Conner:

Who is he? Kurtis Conner is a youtuber, comedian and social media influencer.

“I’m a fan of him because he makes really great content and he really captures the humor of Gen Z. He is also just a really great person. I started watching him around 2017 when I saw him in a clip on Instagram. I thought it was really funny, so I checked his (Youtube) channel out. My favorites videos are him reacting to TikToks. I’m definitely going to keep supporting him in the future like listening to his podcast and maybe seeing him live sometime. I support him because he always stands up for the right things and does a lot of great things for people.”

3. Sophomore Melia Brown LOVES One Direction and Louis Tomlinson:

Who are they? One Direction are an English-Irish boy band composed of 5 members; Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, and Zayn Malik. The band went on hiatus in 2015 and each member has had a successful solo career.

“I really got back into (One Direction) over quarantine, but I’ve always been a fan of them. First of all, their music is really good, but also, they are just all amazing people and are really fun to watch. ‘Walls’ by Louis Tomlinson is my favorite solo album and the song “Defenseless” (is my favorite) on the album. It always calms me down, and his voice is just so good. I’m supposed to go to Louis’ concert in April, which probably won’t happen, but I’m planning on going. Louis interacts a lot on Twitter, and you can see how good he is of a person when he talks to his fans.”

4. Junior Olivia Dufour LOVES Dexter:

What is it? Dexter is an American television show about a serial killer who kills other serial killers. It had 8 seasons and ran from 2006-2013.

“The show is about a serial killer, which isn’t great, but he kills other serial killers and also works for a police station, so that is pretty cool. It’s also really funny!  My favorite character, Deb, is really funny, and I continued watching it for the most part because of her. I started getting into it right before quarantine and then just continuously watched it. For my birthday, I got the script of the first episode and it’s signed by all of the cast members.”

5. Junior Alyssa Totoro LOVES Taylor Swift:

Who is she? Taylor Swift is a critically acclaimed singer with 9 albums and counting. 

“I started liking Taylor swift when I was around five when my babysitter showed me the song ‘Love Story.’ I immediately loved the stories her songs told and listened to every song. Ever since then, it’s been something my sister, mom and I share, because we would look forward to going to all of her concerts together and listening to the new album right as it came out together. I still love her music and how the songs mean more as I grow up. I listen to her albums on repeat and can sing almost every word to every song. It’s crazy to think about how I grew up listening to her music, and she is still continuing to release more.”

Whether it is a sports team or a television show, everyone has something they are interested in. But for some people, like the students above, that interest makes up a major part of their lives. These students are super fans.

Abby Carella can be reached at [email protected]