Things to do at home over Thanksgiving break

By Shreya Vaidhyanathan, Staff Reporter

The classic picture of Thanksgiving includes a decked-out house, a bustling kitchen, and seeing your friends and family for the first time in months. Even though we can’t have the crowded dinner table of previous years, you can use these ideas to continue that warmth and togetherness. Without further ado, here’s a plateful of Thanksgiving ideas, at-home edition! 

Board Games Competition 

Kick start some friendly competition with a board game night. From Twister to Monopoly, you’ll surely have tons of options. Raise the stakes with teams and prizes: winner gets the last slice of pie? 

Scavenger Hunt 

With a list of items (turkey, pumpkin, candles, etc.) to look for in your house, backyard or even socially distanced at a park. Wherever the hunt may be, it’s a surefire way to connect with your family in a safe way, which is exactly what we need this year! 

Activate: Feast Mode 

Blast the seasonal music and jump into the kitchen! Bring back that sense of unity with your family members or roommates by preparing your Thanksgiving treats together. The best part? You have a mouth-watering dinner at the end of the night! 

Get Active! 

Bundle up and leave your house for a little break! Whether it’s raking the leaves in the backyard, walking or biking around your neighborhood, go for a change of scenery and some fresh air.  

Cartoon by Sophia Pan

Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 

Imagine that you’re on the floats accompanying the crowd by enjoying the annual parade on NBC! Make the morning extra special by having a filling breakfast! 

Make Your Space Festive 

Refreshing your living area from time to time sets the mood for future months. Light candles, hang wreaths, set the table; decorate for the coming season!  

Painting 

For a more calming thing to do, grab some canvases, acrylic paint and paintbrushes. Step out to paint the scenery outside or even imagine a full Thanksgiving dinner table. Add a frame and hang it on your wall for an extra autumn-themed decoration!  

Among Us Zoom Party 

Finally, get your friends and family together in a virtual manner with a themed video call. This twist on a usual Zoom gives you and your guests an entertaining activity to do throughout your time together!