Senior Signs

By Aimee Buttenbaum, Co-T/E Life Editor

With the increasing length of quarantine and schools in Pennsylvania being closed for the remainder of the school year, senior events such as college T-shirt day have been cancelled, as well as the beloved Snow Day in May. 

While everyone is ordered to stay at home, seniors are losing time to be with their classmates for the last few weeks before they move on to the next stage of their lives. Things they have looked forward to for the last four years are suddenly being cancelled, such as the Senior Internship Program, a month where students get the chance to work in a field of their interest. 

Although things have not worked out the way they were planned, everyone is still trying to show their ’Stoga pride. Senior class mom Tracey Prestipino sent an email out to all of the senior parents mid-April, offering up signs that they could purchase to stick in their lawns, letting everyone who drives by know that they have a senior in their house. These signs can be seen scattered across the Tredyffrin/Easttown township, spreading ’Stoga pride during these strange times. 

“All of the neighbors get to support their seniors going away while still giving everyone space,” senior Gabriela Calvitti said. “It’s a great way to see the community coming together even when we can’t actually be in school.”

Aimee Buttenbaum can be reached at [email protected]