Review: best fall products hitting up Trader Joe’s shelves

By Katherine Lee and Hyunjin Lee, Webmaster and Co-T/E-Life-Editor

From pumpkin pie KitKats to pumpkin spice sausages, the food industry has embraced the challenge of creating every possible pumpkin-flavored concoction. Starting from early September, stores have been decorating their shelves with all shades of orange.

Well loved for their original spins on classic favorites, Trader Joe’s has been rolling out all kinds of new fall products. Pumpkin Joe Joe’s, Pumpkin Ravioli, and Pumpkin Body Butter just to name a few. 

Walking into Trader Joe’ss can be a bit overwhelming- towering piles of pumpkin shaped cookies, boxes of pumpkin flavored pasta, granola, bars, baking mixes… 

Here we have compiled some of our favorites to help you save your money and time!

1. Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancake Mix

Pancakes are given a makeover with this pumpkin pancake mix. Fluffy, soft, and just a tad sweet, these pancakes are too good to be gluten free! The pumpkin flavor is there from the beginning to the very last bite. The best part – you can even turn these into smiley-face pumpkin pancakes! Grab these mixes before they run out! (We currently have three boxes of them in the pantry…) 

1. Pumpkin O’s

Trader Joe’s added another flavor to their line of cereal this fall with these pumpkin flavored O’s. Made of brown rice and oats, it has a light and crispy texture that explodes in your mouth with each bite. Undeniably pumpkin flavored with the right amount of spice, they are perfect as a quick after-school-snack or for a pumpkin-y breakfast.

1. Organic Pumpkin Bread

First of all, can we appreciate how Trader Joe’s had the ingenuity to turn something as mundane as pumpkin bread into a beautifully sliced and flavored loaf of sandwich pumpkin bread? The first thing that hits you when you open the packaging, (as soon as you get home, of course, because who doesn’t want to try some pumpkin bread?) is the smell. It smells just like any kitchen should when there is a pumpkin pie and cinnamon roll hybrid baking in the oven. And the taste is amazing too- its light, its chewy, and perfectly cinnamon-y and pumpkin-y. 

1. Pumpkin Spice Rooibos

Rich in antioxidants, rooibos tea is known for its variety of health benefits, including boosting heart health and potentially reducing cancer risk. Trader Joe’s infuses the tea with a silky pumpkin flavored charm that transports you right back to thoughts of the cozy fall season. Best enjoyed by a fireplace in a comfy armchair, the pumpkin spice rooibos is a valuable find among the shelves. 

1. Pumpkin Greek Nonfat Yogurt 

Yogurt brands of all kinds – from Siggi’s to Chobani – have released pumpkin flavored varieties of their products. Not one to miss out, Trader Joe’s stocked their dairy section with Pumpkin Nonfat Yogurt. Sold conveniently in single cups, the yogurt is priced cheaply at 99 cents, and the nonfat aspect keeps it guilt-free. Its flavor clearly screaming “pumpkin,” the yogurt tastes just like a pumpkin pie (except in yogurt form)! 

1. Pumpkin Ginger Hold the Cone 

Trader Joe’s finally released the fourth (and hopefully not last) addition to the mini ice cream cone family. Joining the classics, chocolate and vanilla, as well as the seasonal peppermint, pumpkin-flavored Hold the Cone has made its appearance in the frozen dessert aisle. While the white confectioners’ sugar coating could have been skipped, these deliciously flavored pumpkin babies are a must-try this fall.

Katherine Lee can be reached at [email protected]

Hyunjin Lee can be reached at [email protected]