By Caleigh Sturgeon, Managing Web Editor
-Sugar cookie dough
-Pink, yellow, green and blue icing
-Draw-on edible markers
Shaping the cookies:
(1) Once you’ve made your sugar cookie dough, roll it out with a rolling pin until it is about ½ inch thick.
(2) You can make a heart-shaped cookie cutter with a sheet of tin foil. First, fold it in half over and over again until you get an inch-wide folded strip of tin foil. Then shape this strip into a heart and tape the ends together with a clean piece of tape.
(3) Cut out the heart-shaped sections of dough and bake your sugar cookies!
(1) Spread pink, yellow, green and blue icing over the entirety of the surface of your heart-shaped cookies.
(2) Let dry for 20 minutes.
(3) Use edible icing pens (I used Betty Crocker Easy Writer Food Decorators, available at ACME) to write Sweet Tart-esque Valentine’s Day messages in block letters.
Some sweet and sassy sayings to garnish your cookies:
Let It Be
You & Me
Caleigh Sturgeon can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.