By Maddie Lamonica and Brooke Deasy, Staff Reporters
These adorable vanilla cupcakes take only 30 minutes to prepare and come with a delicious chocolate surprise in the center. They are the perfect addition to any Easter occasion.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 24 chocolate eggs
- 4 cups vanilla icing
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- Jelly Beans
- 12 pieces of licorice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2. Add together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- 3. In a separate bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- 4. Add in the eggs to the sugar mixture, one at a time, then add in the milk.
- 5. Combine the flour and sugar mixtures.
- 6. Place 24 liners into a cupcake tray
- 7. Fill each paper liner cup 1/3 full with batter, then place a chocolate egg in the center of each.
- 8. Top with remaining batter until cups are 2/3 full.
- 9. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown
- 10. Combine the icing and green food coloring in a separate bowl, mix until a light green color
- 11. Place the icing in a gallon ziploc bag.
- 12. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and apply the icing to the cupcakes
- 13. Add jelly beans and candy eggs to cupcakes,
- 14. Place 1/2 of a piece of licorice on either side of the cupcake to make the “handles” of the basket.